What we value
These principles underpin our work. We seek to be:
*Grant, Adam (2012).Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success. London: Weidenfeld & Nicholson
Adam Grant’s highly regarded research, published in Give and Take, proposes that in the relational world most people operate as either ‘takers’, ’matchers’ or ‘givers’. Whereas ‘takers’ strive to get as much as possible from others and ‘matchers’ aim to trade evenly, ‘givers’ are the rare breed of people who contribute to others with generosity without necessarily expecting anything in return.
- Collaborative – – we work together with each other and in partnership with our clients, seeking to build trust and always maintaining confidentiality.
- Research informed; practitioner focused – we stay in touch with current research and innovative ideas as we strive to lead thinking and practice in coaching in education
- Generous – we seek to be ‘givers’* in our interactions with our colleagues and clients
- Impactful – we seek to make a positive difference for school leaders, teachers and most importantly, student outcomes
- Practical – at least one thing from every coaching session or workshop can be applied immediately
- Empathetic – we get what it’s like to operate amongst the conflicting needs and priorities of a busy school
- Positive – we look to move things forward by focusing on what’s working and leveraging existing strengths and resources