Growing Effective Teams
Coaching Approaches for Team Success
2-Day + 1-Day Program
A team which thinks well together, relates well together, and learns well together is a team which maintains itself in good working order and performs better to achieve agreed goals.
This program is an advanced coaching skills program focused on equipping coaches and leaders to grow effective teams for whole team success.
The Growing Effective Teams program is a four stage, three-day program designed to build the effectiveness of teams through a coaching approach.
Who is this program suitable for?
- Anyone who leads or supports the work of teams, school or system leaders, heads of department, stage leaders
- Participants should have had prior coaching training and should have completed either the Coaching Accreditation Program (Phases 1-3) or Introduction to Coaching
This program can be run within a school (minimum 12 participants) or within a community of schools. Individuals, pairs or small groups may wish to attend
a public program. Refer to Current Workshops for dates.
The Growing Effective Teams
program is designed to:
- Build deeper knowledge and confidence in applying the Growth Coaching International (GCI) coaching system to working with groups and teams
- Develop greater confidence to apply the GCI coaching system to particular teams and team challenges. Topics explored include: goal setting, relationship
building, and enhancing team meetings, amongst others.
- Develop greater clarity about what team coaching involves and how it is similar to - and different from - team leadership, facilitation and consulting
- Enhance awareness of and confidence to respond to the complexities of team coaching including: managing multiple voices, power differences and building
- Share a resource of team coaching tools and techniques that can be used across a range of contexts
The Growing Effective Teams
program is delivered in four stages:
- Pre workshop module
- Day 1 & 2 Workshop (two days)
- Action learning project to be completed between first and second workshops
- Day 3 Workshop (one day)
- Work teams: what are they and why it’s important to get them right?
- A model of team effectiveness – the 5 P’s
- Exploring the role of the Team Coach
- Skills of the Team Coach and the GCI coaching approach exploring skills, knowledge and the Way of Being
- Working with the 5 P’s and how to coach in these areas
- Team Coach tools:
- GROWTH model
- 5P’s Team Snapshot
- A model of team thinking
- A model of an Effective Team Player
- Agreement gradient
- Meeting tools
Contribution to Registered PD hours
Completion of the three-day Growing Effective Teams program addresses the following domains and standards for Lead teacher from the Australian Professional
Standards for Teachers as published by the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL): 1.2.4, 1.5.4, 2.1.4, 2.24, 2.5.4, 3.2.4,
3.3.4, 3.6.4, 4.2.4, 5.2.4, 5.4.4, 6.1.4, 6.2.4, 6.3.4, 6.4.4
Upon completion you will receive a GCI certificate of participation.
You may also wish to add the program to your LikedIn qualifications.
$1,000* + GST
*Discounts are available for organisations who wish to run this program in-house
(Max 24 Participants)
Your fee includes:
- 3 x Workshop days
- Participant Workbook
This fee excludes:
- Participants must have attended the Coaching Accreditation Program (Phases 1-3) or the Introduction to Leadership Coaching program.
- Participants should have had some experience in individual coaching.
- Participants should presently be in a role in an educational organisation (including school, university, TAFE, related Head Office role or other private or government education institutions) or a not-for-profit organisation.
I am not sure I can commit to the three workshop dates?
Participants are required to commit to the entire program – including attendance at all workshop days on the nominated dates. If you think that your participation may clash with other commitments, it is strongly recommended to re-enrol into another program, to ensure minimum disruption to other participants. For more details, consult our ‘Terms and Conditions’ below.
By registering for any of the above events the following cancellation policy applies:
- All cancellations or changes must be requested in writing or by email to email@example.com
- If unable to attend the program you may transfer:
*your registration to another nominated person
*to another program. However, only one change is allowed. Rescheduling must take place within 12 months of initial program.
- Cancellations up to 5 days prior to the workshop:
*$100 plus GST administrative fee for rescheduling requests or nominating another attendee or
*50% of the program fee plus GST for refund requests.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the scheduled workshop:
* $150 plus GST administrative fee for rescheduling requests or nominating another attendee or
*75% of the program fee plus GST for refund requests.
- No refunds or credits for “no-shows” on the day of the workshop will be granted.
- In the event that the Program is cancelled, registrants will be reimbursed their registration fee.