Managing Challenging Conversations
Giving open, honest, timely feedback is one of the most important roles a leader plays. It’s also possibly the number one area where a leader can get derailed. Avoiding difficult conversations can become a major obstacle to organisational success.
The Managing Challenging Conversations program provides a practical, conversational structure for achieving synergistic solutions where all parties feel heard and respected. This one-day workshop shares tools and resources to guide potentially difficult conversations in a way that is non-confrontational and Solutions Focused.
This program develops skills and confidence to effectively lead the following types of difficult conversations: managing under-performance, giving sensitive feedback, and change management.
This program develops skills and confidence to effectively lead the following types of difficult conversations: managing under-performance, giving sensitive
feedback, and change management.
Who Is This Program Suitable For?
Managing Challenging Conversations is suitable for those in leadership and managerial roles seeking to develop skills to effectively manage challenging
This program can be run within a school (minimum 12 participants) or within a community of schools. Individuals, pairs or small groups may attend a public
program - these are available in all regions. Refer to Current Workshops for dates.
During the Managing Challenging Conversations
program, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the value of giving difficult feedback to surface blind spots in behaviours, attitudes and performance
- Identify strategies for providing the positive feedback and recognition in ways that others value
- Explore typical workplace scenarios requiring honest, courageous feedback
- Be introduced to practical tools and resources for managing challenging conversations
- Develop strategies for bringing emotional intelligence to interactions that ensures self-esteem and respectful relationships remain intact
- Gain confidence to deal with challenging behaviours and situations
- Build your approach to taking a coaching approach to ‘non’ coaching conversations
This workshop provides a practical, conversational structure for achieving synergistic solutions where all parties feel heard and respected.
In addition to the presenter modelling constructive management of typical challenging workplace conversations, participants will also have the opportunity
to reflect on, and practice real life scenarios that involve potentially difficult interactions.
Upon completion you will receive a GCI certificate of participation.
You may also wish to add the program to your LikedIn qualifications.
$370* + GST
*Discounts are available for organisations who wish to run this program in-house
(Max 24 Participants)
Your fee includes:
- 1-Workshop days
- Participant Workbooks
This fee excludes:
Participants should presently be leadership or managerial role.
Will there be an opportunity to practice this new learning during the workshop?
Yes, your facilitator will model constructive management of typical challenging conversations and you will have an opportunity to practice this with your fellow workshop participants.
NOTE: If a 2-day workshop is undertaken, additional practice opportunities are provided along with group coaching to embed the skills into personal plans
By registering for any of the above events the following cancellation policy applies:
- All cancellations or changes must be requested in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If unable to attend the program you may transfer:
*your registration to another nominated person
*to another program. However, only one change is allowed. Rescheduling must take place within 12 months of initial program.
- Cancellations up to 5 days prior to the workshop:
*$100 plus GST administrative fee for rescheduling requests or nominating another attendee or
*50% of the program fee plus GST for refund requests.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the scheduled workshop:
* $150 plus GST administrative fee for rescheduling requests or nominating another attendee or
*75% of the program fee plus GST for refund requests.
- No refunds or credits for “no-shows” on the day of the workshop will be granted.
- In the event that the Program is cancelled, registrants will be reimbursed their registration fee.