Peer Coaching: Positive Conversations About Teaching Practice
2 Non-Consecutive Days, With Observational Fieldwork
The Peer Coaching program brings the simplicity of the GROWTH model to classroom teachers working collaboratively to enhance professional practice and improve student outcomes.
“Coaching is an important professional learning strategy that supports professional growth. Coaching can address a range of characteristics and developmental needs that contribute to the effectiveness of a teacher.” Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL)
Who Is This Program Suitable For?
This program is also highly suitable for:
- In-school coaches such as literacy coaches or mentors supporting early career teachers
- Teachers working collaboratively in pairs
This program can be run within a school (minimum 12 participants) or within a community of schools. Individuals, pairs or small groups may wish to attend
a public program - these are available in all regions. Refer to Current Workshops for dates.
The Peer Coaching
program is designed to:
- Provide clarity about how to set up a peer coaching approach to enhance student learning
- Develop skills in the use of the GROWTH model in peer coaching
- Develop skills in giving and receiving feedback about teaching practice
- Build knowledge and confidence to support teachers in analysing the observational data, setting professional learning goals, implementing the peer
coaching process and sharing learning with colleagues
The Peer Coaching
program is delivered in three stages:
- Day 1 Workshop (one day)
- Observational fieldwork to be completed between first and second workshops
- Day 2 Workshop (one day)
Contribution To Registered PD Hours
Completion of the two-day Peer Coaching program addresses the following domains and standards for Lead teacher from the Australian Professional Standards
for Teachers as published by the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL): 1.2.4, 1.5.4, 2.1.4, 2.24, 2.5.4, 3.2.4, 3.3.4, 3.6.4,
4.2.4, 5.2.4, 5.4.4, 6.1.4, 6.2.4, 6.3.4, 6.4.4
In NSW completing the Peer Coaching two-day program will contribute to 12 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.2.4, 1.5.4, 2.1.4, 2.24, 2.5.4, 3.2.4,
3.3.4, 3.6.4, 4.2.4, 5.2.4, 5.4.4, 6.1.4, 6.2.4, 6.3.4, 6.4.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Lead Teacher
Accreditation in NSW.
Upon completion you will receive a GCI certificate of participation.
You may also wish to add the program to your LikedIn qualifications.
$630* + GST
*Discounts are available for organisations who wish to run this program in-house
(Max 24 Participants)
Your fee includes:
- 2-Day Workshop
- Participant Workbook
This fee excludes:
Participants should presently in a role in an educational organisation (including school, university, TAFE, related Head Office role or other private or government education institutions) or a not-for-profit organisation.
- Do I need to be a teacher to do this program?
No, this program is suitable for anyone working collaboratively in pairs.
- Will I need to work with a partner in this program?
Yes, this program requires working with a partner, ideally someone in the same or similar position from your own school.
If you are attending a public workshop however, you may not have a partner – in this case you will be paired with someone else on the program.
- I am not sure I can commit to both workshop dates (two days in total)?
Participants are required to commit to the entire program – including attendance at all workshop days on the nominated dates. If you think that your participation may clash with other commitments, it is strongly recommended to re-enrol into another program, to ensure minimum disruption to other participants. For more details, consult our ‘Terms and Conditions’ below.
By registering for any of the above events the following cancellation policy applies:
- All cancellations or changes must be requested in writing or by email to email@example.com
- If unable to attend the program you may transfer:
*your registration to another nominated person
*to another program. However, only one change is allowed. Rescheduling must take place within 12 months of initial program.
- Cancellations up to 5 days prior to the workshop:
*$100 plus GST administrative fee for rescheduling requests or nominating another attendee or
*50% of the program fee plus GST for refund requests.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the scheduled workshop:
* $150 plus GST administrative fee for rescheduling requests or nominating another attendee or
*75% of the program fee plus GST for refund requests.
- No refunds or credits for “no-shows” on the day of the workshop will be granted.
- In the event that the Program is cancelled, registrants will be reimbursed their registration fee.