Solutions Focus Master Class
Advanced Coaching Skills Program
In partnership with:
The Solutions Focus Master Class refines coaching skills by integrating pragmatic and proven Solutions Focused methods - more intentionally – into coaching and all your conversations
The Solutions Focused methodology will change the direction of your conversations, enabling your organisation to move easily to a creative and enabling mindset in which there is positive progress towards broader organisational goals.
This two-day advanced-skills workshop delves into Solutions Focus and the way in which it integrates with the GROWTH model and core coaching skills.
Solutions Focus is a powerful yet subtle approach to positive change. From origins twenty years ago, it is now being used by major corporations,
top business schools and many coaches and consultants as the methodology of choice where effective, respectful and lasting change is wanted. The Solutions
Focus approach will help you to work with change, emergence and the unexpected more confidently. The philosophy is practical and can be used in any
form of interaction whether with teams, members of staff, or even in your personal conversations. You will build a greater awareness of the impact
of words and language - and use them even more skillfully.
Who Is This Program Suitable For?
- Leaders who want to understand and enhance their own response to change and challenge
- Leaders who want to develop their teams to become more solutions focused, creative and empowered, particularly in times of organisational change
- Coaches who wish to build their own coaching skills by integrating an intentional Solutions Focused approach
This is an advanced coaching skills program. Intending participants will have already have attended a GCI program such as Introduction to Leadership Coaching.
This program can be run within a school (minimum 12 participants) or within a community of schools. Individuals, pairs or small groups may attend a public
program - these are available in all regions. Refer to Current Workshops for dates.
During the Solutions Focus Master Class
- Learn how to integrate proven Solutions Focus (SF) tools and concepts into your coaching
- Use an emergent tool-based approach to better respond to the client - using the six Solutions Tools and five SF Boosters
- Learn to focus more on the clients and their language
- Work in a broader range of contexts, building on a ‘not-knowing’ approach
- Understand the philosophical principles of Solutions Focus coaching, based on the assumption that ‘change is happening all the time’
- Build extra flexibility and confidence to work with whatever happens
The Solutions Focus Master Class
is delivered over two days. The program includes the following sessions:
- Solutions Focused welcome - using the tools to set up the day
- What we already know - the GROWTH framework as a coaching foundation
- The Albert Model - problem focus vs solutions focus
- Problem to Platform - engaging and contracting
- Future Perfect - engaging creativity to define direction
- Scaling - an unreasonably effective tool for building progress
- Know-how - deploying the know-how of the performer, coach and others
- Affirming what’s working - bringing strengths to the fore
- Devising small actions - to quickly build progress
- Counters - build on what’s better
- Coaching practice sessions - practice using tools separately and together
Contribution to Registered PD hours
Completion of the two-day Solutions Focus Master Class addresses the following domains and standards for Lead teacher from the Australian Professional
Standards for Teachers as published by the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL): 3.5.4, 4.3.4, 6.1.4, 6.2.4, 6.3.4, 6.4.4,
7.1.4, 7.3.4, 7.4.4
Completing Solutions Focus Master Class 2-day program will contribute to 12 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing, 3.5.4, 4.3.4, 6.1.4, 6.2.4, 6.3.4, 6.4.4,
7.1.4, 7.3.4, 7.4.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Lead Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Upon completion you will receive a GCI certificate of participation.
You may also wish to add the program to your LikedIn qualifications.
This program is presented in partnership with the Centre for Solutions Focus at Work and
750* + GST
*Discounts are available for organisations who wish to run this program in-house
(Max 24 Participants)
Your fee includes:
- 2 x Workshop days
- Participant Workbooks
- Complimentary book The Solutions Focus: Making Coaching & Change SIMPLE by Paul Z Jackson & Mark McKergow
This fee excludes:
- Participants must have a background knowledge of the GROWTH model through participation in a program such as Introduction to Leadership Coaching.
- Participants should have had some experience in individual coaching.
- Participants should presently in a role in an educational organisation (including school, university, TAFE, related Head Office role or other private
or government education institutions) or a not-for-profit organisation.
- What is Solutions Focus (SF)?
The Growth Coaching International coaching approach combines the power of coaching with an intentional Solutions Focus Approach.
Integration of Solutions Focus methodology will change the direction of your conversations, enabling your organisation to move easily to a creative
and enabling mindset in which there is positive progress towards broader organisational goals.
Solutions Focus is a powerful yet subtle approach to positive change. The SF methodology is now being used by major corporations, top business
schools and many coaches and consultants as the methodology of choice where effective, respectful and lasting change is wanted. The Solutions Focus
approach will help you to work with change, emergence and the unexpected more confidently. The philosophy is practical and can be used in any form
of interaction whether with teams, members of staff, or even in your personal conversations. You will build a greater awareness of the impact of
words and language - and use them even more skillfully. In helping individuals and teams progress on their challenges a Solutions Focus approach
Growth Coaching International coaching programs integrate a Solutions Focus Approach, where suitable, into all our programs.
- Bring attention to what's wanted, rather on what's wrong
- Highlight current resources and strengths that can help things progress, rather than concentrating on what's missing
- Address what emerges in conversation, rather than explore underlying motivations
- Emphasise progress towards the what's wanted via small next steps, rather develop long term goal achievement plans
- I am not sure I can commit to the two workshop dates?Participants are required to commit to the entire program – including attendance at all workshop days on the nominated dates. If you think that your participation may clash with other commitments, it is strongly recommended to re-enrol into another program, to ensure minimum disruption to other participants. For more details, consult our ‘Terms and Conditions’ below.
By registering for any of the above events the following cancellation policy applies:
- All cancellations or changes must be requested in writing or by email to email@example.com
- If unable to attend the program you may transfer:
*your registration to another nominated person
*to another program. However, only one change is allowed. Rescheduling must take place within 12 months of initial program.
- Cancellations up to 5 days prior to the workshop:
*$100 plus GST administrative fee for rescheduling requests or nominating another attendee or
*50% of the program fee plus GST for refund requests.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the scheduled workshop:
* $150 plus GST administrative fee for rescheduling requests or nominating another attendee or
*75% of the program fee plus GST for refund requests.
- No refunds or credits for “no-shows” on the day of the workshop will be granted.
- In the event that the Program is cancelled, registrants will be reimbursed their registration fee.