Av Swami is a dynamic coach and facilitator who strives to get the most out of individuals and groups he interacts with. His ability to connect with individual clients and groups allows him to build engaging, relevant and impactful experiences. Av empowers his clients to identify their strengths, gain clarity, challenge their thinking and identify opportunities for development or growth.
Av’s keen interest is in helping people to develop strong, purposeful professional relationships that set the cornerstone for managing the interactions they have with others. He believes in the power of positive psychology and a solution focused approach, which is at the center of his own practice. Av began his own professional learning journey with GCI in 2010 and has since used utilised his coaching skills to engage individuals and groups in significant development opportunities that have led to positive and sustainable change.
Av has held a variety of school leadership roles in both regional and metropolitan contexts and has recency in the West Australian system as a teacher, Head of Learning Area, Associate Principal and Acting Principal. During his time in schools, Av has had a positive impact on student/staff wellbeing and pedagogical practice, using a coaching approach when empowering individuals he works with.
Special Interest Areas
- Instructional/Pedagogical Coaching
- Emotional intelligence
- Facilitation of professional learning experiences
- Individual and team coaching
- Performance development
- Building individual and group communications and interpersonal skills
- Coaching and support of aspirant leaders and beginning teachers
Education, Qualifications and Memberships
- Master of Education
- Bachelor Arts (Education)
- Bachelor Social Science (Youth, Health and Physical Activity)
- Accredited Growth Coaching International Coach