Introduction to Leadership Coaching
Coaching is recognised as one of the most important and essential leadership skills within education.
This two-day program explores Growth Coaching International's proven GROWTH model for having coaching conversations with individuals and teams.
This is a very practical program, designed to introduce participants to leadership coaching.
Who Is This Program Suitable For?
This program is suitable for Principals, Heads of Departments, Team Leaders, Teachers, Advancement Staff and anyone in a school or system leadership role.
This program can be run within a school (minimum 12 participants) or within a community of schools. Individuals may wish to attend a public program - these
are available in all regions. Refer to Current Workshops for dates.
The Introduction to Leadership Coaching
program is designed to:
- Provide a clear understanding of what coaching is
- Build confidence to use the GROWTH coaching framework immediately
- Build familiarity with all elements of the GROWTH Coaching System
- Provide a practical way of setting and achieving professional goals
- Provide an opportunity for direct experience of the impact of coaching conversations applied to real education topics
- Develop greater confidence and skill in giving feedback
- Build consolidated knowledge and skills as a result of more practice with feedback
Program Structure Outline:
- Introduction to the proven GROWTH coaching system
- Explore the GROWTH MODEL
- Develop ISMART goals
- Apply of some of the 8 Key Coaching SKILLS
- Explore and understand Emotional Intelligence
- Understand of the Way of Being for coaching conversations
- Watch and listen to modelling of the GROWTH coaching model in application to a range of workplace conversations
- Practice giving feedback and link to coaching
- Develop next steps for taking coaching forward in your context
- Build or continue to build a coaching culture in your workplace
Contribution To Registered PD Hours
Completion of the two-day Introduction to Leadership Coaching program addresses the following domains and standards for Lead teacher from the Australian
Professional Standards for Teachers as published by the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL): 1.3.4, 2.2.4, 2.3.4, 3.1.4,
3.5.4, 4.3.4, 6.1.4, 6.3.4, 7.1.4
In NSW completing Introduction to Leadership Coaching two-day program will contribute to 12 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.3.4, 2.2.4, 2.3.4,
3.1.4, 3.5.4, 4.3.4, 6.1.4, 6.3.4, 7.1.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Lead Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Upon completion you will receive a GCI certificate of participation.
You may also wish to add the program to your LinkedIn qualifications.
$630* + GST
*Discounts are available for organisations who wish to run this program in-house
(Max 24 Participants)
Your fee includes:
- 2-Day Workshop
- Participant Workbook
- Complimentary Leadership Coaching Guide text
This fee excludes:
- Presently in a role in an educational organization (including school, university, TAFE, related Head Office role or other private or government education
institutions) or a not-for-profit organisation.
- Aspiring Leaders
I am not sure I can commit to both workshop dates (two days in total)?
Participants are required to commit to the entire program – including attendance at all workshop days on the nominated dates. If you think that your participation may clash with other commitments, it is strongly recommended to re-enrol into another program, to ensure minimum disruption to other participants. For more details, consult our ‘Terms and Conditions’ below.
By registering for any of the above events the following cancellation policy applies:
- All cancellations or changes must be requested in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If unable to attend the program you may transfer:
*your registration to another nominated person
*to another program. However, only one change is allowed. Rescheduling must take place within 12 months of initial program.
- Cancellations up to 5 days prior to the workshop:
*$100 plus GST administrative fee for rescheduling requests or nominating another attendee or
*50% of the program fee plus GST for refund requests.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the scheduled workshop:
* $150 plus GST administrative fee for rescheduling requests or nominating another attendee or
*75% of the program fee plus GST for refund requests.
- No refunds or credits for “no-shows” on the day of the workshop will be granted.
- In the event that the Program is cancelled, registrants will be reimbursed their registration fee.