Julie is a Director of The Education Group, a highly successful independent education consulting company based in Auckland New Zealand that works in partnership with Growth Coaching International.
Julie has an extensive background of over 30 years in teaching and leadership. She has taken up a Directorship with The Education Group in 2021 and comes from ten years’ experience as Principal of an extremely successful, high performing primary school. Prior to her position as Principal, Julie worked at the Auckland University alongside Professor John Hattie as a school advisor, leading professional development in the use of formative assessment to improve classroom practice. She also travelled extensively in New Zealand and Australia presenting and implementing the Visible Learning research philosophy in schools.
She is experienced in working with leaders and teachers in the areas of organisational improvement, strategic planning, coaching/mentoring, curriculum leadership, effective pedagogical practices. She is a passionate leader with high expectations and understanding of how quality education can make a difference for all students.
Education Qualifications Include
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching) - The University of Auckland
- ISLC (International School Leadership Cert) – The University of Waikato
- Higher Diploma of Teaching – The University of Auckland
- Diploma in Teaching New Zealand Department of Education
- Auckland Teachers College Diploma
- Te Ara Reo Maori level 1 and 2 Certificate – te Wananga o Aotearoa
- Leadership in Catholic Schools Certificate – Catholic Institute of Theology
- Accredited Coach - Growth Coaching International
Specialist Interest Areas
- Leadership and team coaching and development
- Coaching for Improved teaching and Learning
- Integrating Coaching into Professional Growth Cycles
- Developing Coaching Cultures in Education Settings
- Strategic and Organisational Change and Development
- Culturally Responsive/Sustainable Pedagogy
- Review and Evaluation