Mentoring & Coaching Through Induction
Dr. Trista Hollweck and Andrea Stringer
Trista Hollweck is a pracademic who straddles the worlds of research, policy and practice. She is a former teacher, vice-principal, school district consultant, and now Project Director at Atlantic Rim Collaboratory (ARC), which is a global educational movement that advances equity, broad excellence, inclusion, wellbeing, democracy, sustainability & human rights in high quality, professionally run systems.
Hollweck, T. (2019). A Patchwork Quilt: A Qualitative Case Study Examining Mentoring, Coaching, and Teaching Induction in the Western Québec School Board. University of Ottawa, https://ruor.uottawa.ca/bitstream/10393/39919/8/Hollweck_Trista_2019_thesis.pdf
- Hollweck, T. (2019). ‘I Love this Stuff!’: A Canadian Case Study of Mentor-Coach Well-being. International Journal for Mentoring and Coaching in Education (IJMCE), 8(4), 325-344. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJMCE-02-2019-0036
- Hollweck, T., Reimer, K., & Bouchard, K. (2019). A missing piece: Embedding restorative justice and relational pedagogy into the teacher education classroom. New Teacher Educator, 15(3), 246-267, DOI: 10.1080/1547688X.2019.1626678 Dr Hollweck’s website is www.teachingwithteachers.com
Articles by Andrea Stringer
- Benefits of a Coach http://publications.ieu.asn.au/2017-march-ie/editorial/benefits-coach/
- Coaching In Professional Learning with Andrea Stringer https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=D0XEnighelM
- Coaching is a faith in another’s ability and capacity for growth https://www.wenona.nsw.edu.au/educators/thought-leadership/2016/term-4/coaching-is-a-faith-in-another-s-ability-about-capacity-for-growth-andrea-stringer
- Time & Trust https://www.wenona.nsw.edu.au/educators/thought-leadership/2016/term-3/time-and-trust
Additional articles from Dr Trista Hollweck
- Hollweck, T., Curry, A., Smith, K., Dubeau, M., & T. Kharayati. (2018). Prizes and Imperfections: Examining teacher evaluation within an induction program in Western Quebec. In M. L. Derrington & J. Brandon (Eds.), Differentiated Evaluation and Professional Learning: Policies and Practices that Promote Teacher Growth. New York: New York: Palgrave Publishing.
- •Hollweck, T. (2017a). Threading the Needle: Examining the Mentoring and Coaching Fellowship of the Western Quebec School Board. In B. Kutsyuruba & K.D. Walker (Eds.), The bliss and blisters of early career teaching: A pan-Canadian perspective (pp. 205-226). Burlington, ON: Word & Deed Publishing.